Vision 2020 was started in late 2019 by the Brown family, owners of the Arghon an Artificial Intelligence Company, as a way to give back to the community.
As owners of a technology company, they along with other technology companies see a tremendous opportunity to help train new programmers to fill some of the many unfilled high paying technology jobs.
- Each year, 65,000 H-1B visas are issued by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS). The vast majority of these H-1B visas are issued to companies that are having a difficult time filling vacant positions for computer programmers, data analyst, etc.
- In the United States, over 900 thousand programming and other technology related jobs go unfilled. Evidently, 65,000 H-1B visas are not enough to fulfill the current demand.
- The average salary* for an experienced computer programmer in the United States (U.S.) is over $100k. This is 1.6 times higher than the median salary earned in the US in 2018.
*Click to view salary data.
Our mission is to introduce 10 thousand people to computer programming each year starting in the year 2020. To accomplish this, the Arghon company has made available, its Integrated Developer Environment (IDE) programming platform to the Vision 2020 initiative, free of charge. This IDE programming platform is free for anyone participating in the Vision 2020 initiative and eliminates one of the major barriers for those who want to start learning computer programming.
- The Arghon company has made its IDE programming platform available to Vision 2020 for free.
This software will be used by students learning to write computer programs.
- The company has made its computer network and servers available to power VISION 2020 for free.
- Arghon is donating many hours of its executives' and employees' time, to share their knowledge and expertise with Vision 2020 weekly.
Vision 2020's mission of teaching 10 thousand people programming per year is a large and ambitious one. We cannot do this alone.
- We want to partner with you, your non-profit institution or school to make this opportunity available to your community.
- Sign up your school or organization today and receive an organization code (ORGCODE).
- Give your ORGCODE to your members who want to participate in Vision2020.
- Use the ORGCODE to track the progress of participants from your organization.
- We need technical mentors, programmers and others from the business world to take on some of this responsibility.
If you have questions or would like to help in other ways, please contact us by email at: vision2020 at arghon.com
Learning to write computer programs on their own is expensive and confusing for beginner programmers.
- The software to learn computer programming costs hundreds of dollars even with student discounts.
- Computer programming softwares usually require very capable computers, which requires so many would-be programmers to buy new computers.
- Deciding which programming language to learn without assistance requires extensive research.
Vision 2020 has simplified the process of getting started, while eliminating the cost of the programming software.
Computer Programming is about problem solving. A programmer is using the features of a computer language to instruct a computer on how to manipulate the information and carry out certain instructions.Am I too young/old to become a programmer?
Programming has no age limit. A very young person below the age of 10 can learn to write very sophisticated computer programs. Many people over the age of 60 have taken up computer programming as a second career.Do I need a college degree to become a programmer?
No. You do not need a college degree to be a programmer.
Computer programming is a skill that businesses pay you to exercise. Many famous people such as Bill Gates of Microsoft and Mark Zuckerberg of FaceBook have dropped out of college and used their programming skills to create large technology companies.
We recommend you get a college degree if you want to move beyond programming in your career. This will matter most when you see co-workers being promoted because they have a college degree.
We believe it should take you about 4 to 6 months to learn a programming language if you spend 2 or more hours per day practicing. Programming is a problem solving skill. It is very important that you have tasks that provide the correct amount of real-world challenge that force you to delve deeply into the language to complete the tasks.How many programming languages are there?
There are no exact numbers but the consensus is there are over 700 and counting.What programming language does Vision 2020 teach?
At Vision 2020 we use an object oriented programming language called Collie Script.
Many experienced programmers usually know more than 1 programming language.
As an organization that has conducted many interviews with programmers, these are our recommendation.
You'll need to create your resume or CV tailored for a job in technology. We recommend you do some research on how to write
an effective resume or CV.
Regardless of the job, large numbers of job interviews come because of networking. Someone in your network knows about the job opening and passes your resume along to the personnel department. Submit your resume to reputable job posting sites so as to increase your visibility to recruiters. such as Monster.com, ZipRecruiter.com, Indeed.com.
On many job interviews, companies may ask you to write a simple program to solve a simple problem. We recommend you create a LinkedIn profile enumerating your current programming skills.
- Beginning Programming for Dummies: Gives you some helpful background to learn programming.
- Computer Programming for Complete Beginners: A Quick Course for Mastering the Basics of Coding through
- The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide by John Sonmez : After you learn programming.
When you complete the Vision 2020 Computer course, you will be issued a certificate of completion. In addition to the Completion Certificate, you will have gained the skill to write sophisticated computer programs. You then include the description of the tasks completed in the Vision 2020 course on your resume. The task completion is used by recruiters to determine if you have the problem solving programing experience they are looking for.Are there any other Programming Certifications?
Most programmers learn programming as part of an associates or bachelor's degree program.
We do not believe paid certification test are worth the cost. Based on your experience,
a well written resume that describes the projects you've worked on will do more for you than a certificate.
Remember, a programmer is being hired to accomplish certain tasks, so let the prospective employer know you are up to the job on the resume.
You do not need a new or expensive laptop, PC or Mac. A used, under 3 year old laptop, PC, Mac or ChromeBook computer should be more than adequate. You'll need the latest FireFox, Chrome or Safari browser to access the programming environment.Can I write code using Cell Phones or Tablets?
Yes. However, we recommend you use a PC or laptop to write programs as the screen size will pose some degree of difficulty.Why do Vision 2020 participants need an Arghon Account?
- You need an Arghon account to access the Vision 2020 programming environment.
- You will learn to program by using code to manipulate your personal Arghon super companion
- Your Arghon account will track all the programs you write.
Your two Arghon Friends or family members play those roles.
- You will share your code with them.
- They run and test your code and give you feedback until completion.
- This allows you to gain valuable experience working as part of a team.
Being a Personal Super Companion, sharing your Arghon account would defeat the purpose of having a personal assistant.
- You are prohibited from sharing your account login credentials with anyone.
- Arghon answers have age ratings. Sharing your account would compromise this protection.
- Arghon does not promote direct advertisements on its platform
- We do not sell your personal information
- Arghon answers have age ratings